I’m so excited to share my new little series with you! It’s all about basic skills and recipes to use in your own kitchen. While talking with family and friends recently, I realized that there are some things I’ve picked up along my cooking journey that should be shared. They’re all simple skills and tips, but each upcoming post will include a recipe to go along with it!
First, I want to introduce my Aunt Barbara’s Classic Vinaigrette. I’m a huge fan of salads and recently I got into making my own dressing to avoid all the extra stuff they put in store dressings. Having a simple vinaigrette recipe is key. My Aunt has been making this dressing for years and I LOVE it. I finally asked for the recipe and I thought I’d share it with you!
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar*
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Olive Oil
1. Add vinegar, garlic powder, mustard, salt, and pepper to a mason jar or dressing carafe. Do NOT add olive oil yet! (Trust me, I’ve tried)
2. Whisk with a fork until smooth.
3. Add olive oil and whisk until combined.
4. Add to your favorite salad and enjoy!
I can’t share a salad dressing recipe without sharing a salad! My favorite way to have this dressing is over a Greek salad. I feel like this dressing is meant to be with olives and feta.
Simple Greek Salad
(Makes one large salad)
- 2 Cups Chopped Lettuce / Greens
- 1 Small Tomato
- 5-7 Olives
- Crumbled Feta*
- Homemade Vinaigrette
- Chop lettuce, tomato, and olives and add to bowl.
- Crumble feta on top.
- Add vinaigrette, toss, and enjoy!
If you’re like me and you crave salads in the spring, I highly recommend this recipe. It will definitely be on rotation for my work lunches. Can you tell I’m obsessed?
Stay tuned for more basic kitchen tips and recipes!