No surprise here – I’ve got another SUPER simple, but delicious meal to share.
This one is for lunch. Like many people, I try to switch up my lunches at work so I always look forward to it. I’m a first grade teacher so it’s important to have a satisfying meal to reboot me for the afternoon. And summer is the perfect opportunity to try out some different ideas.
You could call this a hummus wrap, but I’ll call it…
The Hummus Taco
Now, the most important part of this is the hummus. I am completely obsessed with roots hummus. Firstly because it is creamy and delicious, but secondly because it’s made right near me! I think that’s pretty neat.
Keep in mind that this recipe, like any other I post, is open to interpretation. If you’d like to switch out the bean sprouts with lettuce or use sautéed chickpeas instead of hummus, do it! I know my best cooking stems from an idea that I slowly turn into my own creation.
Here’s what I used:
- Hummus (of your choice)
- Small tortilla
- 1/4 of an avocado
- Small handful of bean sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
1. Spread on hummus and drizzle with olive oil. I also added a bit of pepper.
2. Slice avocado in the shell and scoop out with a spoon. Generously sprinkle with salt. Trust me.
3. Add a small handful of bean sprouts.
4. Eat up! I usually have a couple of these for lunch with some fruit. Or one of these is perfect for a pick-me-up at work.
That’s it! Let me know if you try this. What kind of fun recipes do you like to bring to work?